Frequently Asked Questions
- What is the mission of the Delaware State Treasury?
- Where’s my tax refund?
- Why did I receive this check?
- What is the “Delaware Money School?“
- Where do I pay my franchise tax?
- What is “Unclaimed Property” and how can I find out if I have any due me?
- How do I find out the status of my unemployment check?
- How I can get information on US savings bonds?
- I receive Social Security payments. Can I have my Federal payments direct deposited?
- What is the “Prosperity Portal?”
- How do I get started with a Deferred Compensation Plan for the State of Delaware Employees?
- How do I find out about employment opportunities with the Delaware State Treasury?
- How may I inquire about having the Delaware State Treasurer speak or attend a function I am organizing?
The mission of the Delaware State Treasury can be found in our website section titled “About the Treasury” found at http://treasury.delaware.gov/your-treasury/about-the-de-state-treasury.
State Income Tax Refund – Contact the Division of Revenue by visiting https://dorweb.revenue.delaware.gov/refinq or call them at the following numbers by location.
Dover: (302) 744-1085
Georgetown: (302) 856-5358
Wilmington: (302) 577-8200
Federal Income Tax Refund – visit http://www.irs.gov or call the Internal Revenue Service at (800) 829-1924.
To receive clarification as to why you were issued a state check, please contact the State Agency who issued the check. The State Agency name and phone number is listed on the check stub.
You can get additional information about the Delaware Financial Literacy Institute’s Money School by visiting the website at http://www.delawaremoneyschool.com.
For information on paying your franchise taxes visit the Secretary of State’s – Division of Corporations website at http://corp.delaware.gov/frtax.shtml or call them (302) 739-3073.
Unclaimed property is any financial asset that has been abandoned by its owner for an extended period of time. Some typical examples of unclaimed property include:
- Dormant Bank Accounts
- Lost or Forgotten Uncashed Checks
- Stock or Bonds, Dividends & Bond Interest
- Insurance Proceeds
- Utility Refunds
- Safe Deposit Box Contents
To find out if you may have any Unclaimed Property visit the Division of Revenue – Unclaimed Property / Escheats website at http://revenue.delaware.gov/unclaimedproperty.shtml.
For all inquiries related to unemployment, please contact the Department of Labor
Kent & Sussex Counties: (800) 794-3032
New Castle County: (302) 761-6576
You can get detailed information about US Savings Bonds by visiting the Treasury Direct website at http://www.treasurydirect.gov.
For all questions related to Social Security payments, visit their website http://www.ssa.gov or call 1-800-772-1213.
The “Prosperity Portal” is a valuable resource for families and individuals as well as businesses. The Portal serves as a central hub providing links to countless financial articles, services and resources for Delawareans of all ages and financial situations. For more information, please visit the Portal at http://treasury.delaware.gov/financial-resources/for-familiesindividuals for the Families and Individuals Section and http://treasury.delaware.gov/financial-resources/for-businesses for the Businesses Section.
Please be sure to visit the special Deferred Compensation website at www.delawaresaves.com for all the information about the State of Delaware’s Deferred Compensation Plan. Managed by Fidelity Investments, the Plan offers a wide variety of investment options from Fidelity as well as from many other investment providers.
Contact Fidelity for more information or to enroll by visiting http://www.fidelity.com/atwork or by calling 1-800-343-0860.
For employment opportunities with the Delaware State Treasury or any other State Agency, please contact DEL – Delaware Employment Link by visiting http://www.delawarestatejobs.com/ or calling one of their numbers below:
Dover: (302) 739-5458
Georgetown: (302) 856-5966
Wilmington: (302) 577-8277
13. How may I inquire about having the Delaware State Treasurer speak or attend a function I am organizing?
Contact the Delaware State Treasury at (302) 672-6702 or click here to email us.